Thursday, July 14, 2011

south padre island



I got to take a mini-vacation this week. Because of the limited time, I decided to scoop my bff and hit the road. We drove six hours south to a tiny little island off the coast of Texas. Of all of the 'beaches' in this ginormous state, this is the only one that actually qualifies. It is beautiful and clean, even with the thousands of party-crazed youth that descend its beaches every spring break.



I love the water. Really. It heals me in ways that nothing else can. It is peaceful and hypnotizing. It is loud and volatile and quiet and serene all at the same time. I also love sunsets. They can produce a beauty that is solely its own... when the sky is painted with every shade of pink and purple and blue and gold and orange. I've heard that there are places that don't have sunsets like the ones we have in Texas and it makes me sad. I can not imagine my life without having that beauty, those memories, in it. Besides, everyone looks stunning bathed in the light of the fading sun. Everyone.

The combination of the two is enough to send me into my own private heaven. Here are just a few of the shots I captured while sitting on a blanket next to my bestie.

No comments:

Post a Comment